+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Vortech S/C S2000 to 2004 GTO LS1/T56 swap

Quote Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post
    I didn't realize there was anything taller than a 3.90 that worked in the stock diff. What are the 3.63's out of?

So are you using the yellowjacket in place of a sgi-5? If so, what are you doing about getting a vss signal to the gm pcm?

Be sure to post some pics of that exhaust once it's all done. You going 2.5" or 3"? I'm about to have the exhaust setup on my car redone to include an x-pipe as well.
    I'm not sure where Puddy gets the 3.63 gears from. He calls it MS. Mazdaspeed??

I'm using the oem speed sensor with the IM reluctor wheel on the diff. The yellow jacket I have is plug & play for an S2000. So, I should be able to just plug it inline and adjust the speedo to GPS speed off my phone.

I haven't decided what size piping to use for the exhaust. For clearance reasons I may go with 2.5". I will know better when I bring it to the shop and we get it up on the lift.

Upgraded Puddy diff shipped out today. I will have it Friday. Hope to have it installed, speedo calibrated and on the road this weekend!!

Got the diff installed yesterday morning. Gonna have to hard-wire the Yellow Box v5 to correct the speedo because the "plug-n-play" connectors were not correct. Once the diff is broken in it's time for some exhaust work and dyno-tune.

Yellow Box v5 hard-wired in and speedo reads correctly!

Finally got the diff broken in and had time to change diff/trans/engine fluids the other day. As I suspected the trans/engine fluids were pretty dirty. No idea how long they sat before it was started up last June. Now my buddy and I are going to get a high flow cat in there and I can make an appt for dyno-tune. I love this car. Every time I drive it I am smiling from ear to ear.

Anyone else throwing a P0101 code on really hot days?? It's a MAF code. Wondering if it's from the new k&n intake making the MAF dirty? It's a brand new MAF and brand new primary o2 sensors.
    Last edited by theprophet36; 07-11-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Upgraded stock diff is certainly an easier way to go if you're not going mental.
    Dirty maf could be it, LS1tech will have a better answer

I need to get under the car and take a picture. But, I had the exhaust rebuilt from the headers to the y-pipe. Vibrant 2.5" v-bands to the headers now instead of welded, dual Vibrant 2.5" GESi High Performance High Flow Cats and a new y-pipe made from 2.5" Vibrant stainless mandrel bends.

Car sounds deeper with the HFC's, a little more understated. Best of all, the gargling, farting and popping on decel is completely gone. The car sounds amazing and I couldn't be happier.

Next up is emissions. Anyone have any suggestions to get this bad Larry to pass ODB2?

Found the cause of no cruise/horn. Pulled the lower steering wheel cover off and the plug was just dangling there. So happy to have Cruise Control back!! Next up is emissions prep and then install heated seats.

My buddy who used to do emissions hooked the car up to his scanner last night. The only error I get is the EVAP readiness. He said in CT I am allowed to pass with 1 error. However, I believe I can make some adjustments via hptuners to fix it. I wonder what happens at DMV when the reg and emissions make/model/vin don't match. Guess I'll find out! Time to order the kits for heated seats.

Anyone have to go through emissions yet? What was the result?

Already scraped up the hfc's 😂
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread