+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a v8, should i feel embarrassed? (2jz swap)

Not a v8, should i feel embarrassed? (2jz swap)

Im Zeke and this is my idea of a good time.. Bought a 2jzgte about 3 years ago, been saving up to finally pull the trigger on a ride and got the s2000, the trans i chose was the 350z 6 speed which i mount with a collins racing setup. Almost completely done with mounting the drivetrain in the car. Waiting on my import muscle kit to arrive and ital be one driveshaft away from done! Hope i can help out anyway i can with your builds. I am toyota tech licensed with experience at ford and mercedes. So I'm familer with a broad range of cars and technology.
    Here she is!

Ill be posting a build thread soon..

How is the import muscle kit helping with the 2jz? Just for power steering relocation?

Very curious about the same with regards to the import muscle kit. I've seen 3 2JZ swaps in s2k's in person and every one of them has the front end and steering setup completely TOTALLY hacked up - like to the point I would honestly be scared to drive the car!

Curious how you'll tackle this problem!

Shallow crank pulley and lack of a/c. The mounts were made by a guy who used his own rack mounting methods along with the IM extended tie rods, but he had to bottom mount his rack to make room for the compressor.
    His way works for his intentions, i come from a batch of fc rx7s and srt4s. Handling while not a 100% priority, is important to me and i refuse to make it worse than i must. This is a driving icon after all.
    His rack mounted.

His rack proximity to the crank pulley and ac compressor.

IM kit installed(Internet sourced)

Looks like ill have space. The aftermarket pulleys i bought cut the crank pulley size enough.
    Last edited by 2jz350zs2000; 02-07-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Best of luck, I had a GTE mounted in my S2000 and then removed it when IM came out with the V8 swap kit... Now, fortunately I own a 97' supra lol

S2000 has just been on the back burner.. Sitting in corner of the garage
    97' Ren. Red Supra- S471,TH400,E85, PROefi
    00' Berlina Black S2000... LSX stuff
    02' Grigio silverstone Metallic S2000

And btw, the Titan/ATI crank pulley bought me a decent amount of room

How did you like the gte in it?
    I went this way because its like a supra with a 50% discount... ha! Im expecting to have no issues, i wont know tonight though, UPS tried to deliver my kit today while i wasnt home so it was rescheduled

I actually never finished the swap (wiring,ECU) . I have 2 spare complete motors and it gets more and more tempting everyday to just throw one in lol

Fortunately for me wiring has never been a challenge, just lot and lots of colored notes lol. Ive got to diag all sorts of wiring junk at work, at least i know my harness doesnt have internally broken wires i have to find.
    Knock it out man. You can always do the v8 in a miata.

With that rackmounted that far forward you're going to have a real hard time getting full lock to lock steering without modifying the tire rods more than we already make. Not to mention the little bit that we move the rack forward throws the Ackerman angle off a little bit so it must be off a little bit more with that much farther forward. You stated in the comment above that you didn't want to mess with drivability but I think you did.

+ Reply to Thread