+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Not a v8, should i feel embarrassed? (2jz swap)

Had to scrap half the project, 350z trans will never ever fit with the engine and still have room for the steering rack, bellhousing hits the gas pedal.. sold the conversion kit and trans, bought an r154 with 6 puck clutch and alumn flywheel. Its about 9" shorter than the 350 trans alone and 4" thinner so my fitment problems should be gone.

Aww shit sorry to hear that! I know of a jz s2k in new zealand, never seen it though and no luck trying to track it down.
    Hope the r154 fits better. Not a bad box either.

Ive noticed most 2jz swaps were th400 autos as well as most used just tubular subframes. Steering racks are a real bitch here. My mustang rack idea really fell down forcing me to run stock wiring and eps.

R154 installed, alum flywheel with act 6 puck, new turbo setup is cast manifold with tial wastegate and a garrett gt35 with ebay compressor to weld on the elbow to.

Holy shit I can see what you mean about the steering rack..... goddamn! That looks like a nightmare to fit but will look wicked when done

Got my harness from Tweak'd performance, over the weekend i got all my fluids hooked up with black earl fitting, 250$ visit to my local summit racing... but the engine is starting to feel pretty permanent now in the bay, Ive already had it in and out about 15 times. Whenever a friend visits they ask if Im pulling the motor again that day lmao. Struggling to find stock shifter housing for the r154, my Soarer housing is about 2" to long, the stock one fits perfect. finished my exhaust, cheaped out and went fender dump, might install a small muffler if its too loud. Still saving some money up for the driveshaft, got hit with a bill a few weeks ago, killed my budget for the month. although its looking like it might only be a month or so out! startup is def this week sometime.

I hope you have better luck with your harness than I did!

i hear that often enough to be worried, but most of the reviews i read online of their bad harness was back in 2010-2012 so i'm optimistic, plus they were the ONLY company i could find to make an Aristo harness for less than 1600.
    what exact issues did you have? cut wires or?

Quote Originally Posted by 2jz350zs2000 View Post
    i hear that often enough to be worried, but most of the reviews i read online of their bad harness was back in 2010-2012 so i'm optimistic, plus they were the ONLY company i could find to make an Aristo harness for less than 1600.
    what exact issues did you have? cut wires or?
    Pretty sure they made the harness for an LS2 GTO, not my LS1 GTO. Had to move pins on ECU and ODB2 plus replace incorrect connectors. MAJOR pain in the a$$ for a nearly $1k "plug & play" harness.

Yeah he wants 1399 for his harness now.... Glad I found that post you made otherwise I would have probably paid it.

Now I'm considering a aem infinity which I would also suggest the OP to look into. The infinity works on a ls and on a f20 and with a pin kit you can get all the outputs from the infinity to the harness/eps etc. plus you can use basically any oem speedo. A 2jz would be a common infinity application as well.

+ Reply to Thread