+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Not a v8, should i feel embarrassed? (2jz swap)

Best I can do today. Basically you want the arch to go upward and back to the rear, opposite of stock. I have to bend my sway bar so that it doesn't hit the shocks to solve binding. As of right now it binds badly.
    Last edited by imTehk; 05-21-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Well, excellent that i have my bar going the same way as that. Now if i can just figure out why i got 8 bolts instead of 4 bolts and 4 nuts, this kit really should come with instructions.
    Great looking tube front end btw.

You should have ordered the manual. The swap kit does come with 42 page instructions.

Glad to help. These swaps have a lot of questionable bits whether you have a manual or not(which I do). Your swap in particular has been done more than a few times but no one seems to document anything. Hopefully this thread is helpful to those who do it in the future!

This isnt mentioned in the manual so I will clue you in on the bolts

First you need your four oem M12-30mm bolts for the brackets to attach to the frame rail. In the one bag of the kit you should have four bolts for the bushing brackets and four nuts. I replaced my 2000 front sway bar bushings(28.3mm or 1-1/8 inch) with energy suspension 9.5164 bushings and the bracket for $20. On the end links you should have four or six bolts. Mine came with 6 which ended up being two with a long unthreaded portion and four with a short unthreaded portion. I believe we should use two shorter on the bar and two longer on the lower a-arm.
    Last edited by imTehk; 05-23-2016 at 12:13 AM.

I will double check the manual but I believe it says to reuse the factory bolts to mount the new brackets and the we include 4 new ones for the bar itself. The end links have longer ones included because a lot of guys were upgrading to a Sanar bar which is thicker. But keep the info rolling it does help everyone.

Too many people use facebook now to ask this stuff and it gets lost forever, forums search features keep it alive, I like questions hah. I had just ordered the kit, I assumed they would come with a page instructions, i didn't think id need 42 pages for endlinks lol. My swap is going very smoothly with your kit i just wanna be sure! Although I cant reuse the endlink hardware, the stock piece is a stud. So i got the same 8 bolts and 2 endlinks in a bag, the bolts fit i just have 4 extra bolts and no nuts.
    I also used energy sus bushings with my stock ap1 bar, mounting the bars brackets was easy, just the links was the oddball. PDF instructions would be nice for us guys using 1/5 of your kit and just have basic questions so we dont have to waste the paper.

cars leaving today to get the exhaust and intercooler pipes fabbed up!!!! I still have to wire in tweaks harness to my chassis, and buy a driveshaft.... then the party starts!

Just checking in to see how your build is going, haven't been on in months since parting out my S2000..... but still have my 97' Supra.

Great progress, keep it up!
    97' Ren. Red Supra- S471,TH400,E85, PROefi
    00' Berlina Black S2000... LSX stuff
    02' Grigio silverstone Metallic S2000

running, idles, then had to pull everything back out again:P. Got the wrong parts for my trans and had to pull the assy to get it corrected to shift right, otherwise im just going through the body still getting it ready to go. Driving season is only another 60 days, so as much as it pains me im kicking it into low gear and ill finish it perfect over winter and let it out of the box first day of spring.

Waiting on a tailshaft bushing and shes a runner, finished well ahead of schedule. built the trans, decided to go with an alum radiator as well and had the lower neck relocated to get around the steering rack, now sure how you v8 guys do it but thats how i figured it out, otherwise it was a snake of coolant hoses and bends.

Cool

just an update, car drives. ill be making my build thread soon, over 400 pictures of the whole project!! just in time for the first snow of the year yesterday.. 4 inches of white powder.

+ Reply to Thread