+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello small but dedicated enthusiast's

Hello small but dedicated enthusiast's

Hello all.

Glad to be apart of this forum u seem few but very dedicated, really great work has been viewed from this site!
    Onto me, so I had a fully built NA h22 great fun and power but still wanted more, so I unloaded it and got an 07 s2k, before the purchase tho. I was really about to pull the trigger on a monster miata but just could not bring myself to it with the s2k being so beautiful of course but anyways I have been researching and reading. This is not some spur moment of build list, I always have a solid plan I don't make enough to buy things twice and try to unload something at half price because of miss information is not my fancy.

If anyone could fancy me real quick with some answers I would appreciate it while I gather information on direction.
    I have spent a long time studying mostly the H and F series of Honda engines so v8's and the overwhelming million different platforms they use are very unhelping but at this time I want to use the ls3 but I see so many to use ls1, now importmuscle says LS 1,2,3, and 6 I believe but then a sentence later says hey some might be different because of so many applications so do your research.

I mean hey most ls1's put down like 350hp rated n all but I particularly like straight line pushes and can take it easy in the turns I love the car and all and don't care to debate about other options because I am very interested in this swap.
    Also is there a true PNP harness??
    Should I just stick with ls1 for ease of installation or will that 430hp rated ls3 go in with the same amount of trouble.
    I want to get the ls3 t56 tremec 6spd package pace performance sells. An1 see anything wrong with this? Thnx. All and glad to meet ya!

Well just wanted to say I got a chance to read there blog and co-owner was talking about using the engine I want.

Ls3 is slightly different wiring but really no difference, as with the t56 magnum you mention.

Just go with what your budget can afford. if you really want straight line speed and don't mind modifying/changing bonnet, then can go for a crate LSA motor... turn key grunt. Can always turbo it later as you learn more. Or go to a reputable builder (check LS1tech!) and find someone to build you a turbo build...

Don't forget the diff/drivetrain/brakes... make sure you research the 8.8" diff kits, as there are a few pitfalls on some of them. New Z/28 diff would do LS7 and down and has a diff cooler.

+ Reply to Thread