+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GPW Ls3k

GPW Ls3k

Hello all,

I wanted to start my thread mostly because, im currently deployed till mid summer; Thinking I can publish whats been bought (so far) and what my plans are on the rest, so I can get any advice or opinions thanks.

For starters I have a 2007 GPW S.. beautiful fun car; i chose this swap because 1: I did have a sciencofspeed twin scroll max that had tons of down low trq (super flat & around 300wtq/420whp) soo fun to daily! 2: I wanted my cake AND! eat it to, so I pulled it out and tried a FullBlown motorsports t4 single scroll medium frame that was a rocket ship! but didnt really come on till about 5.5k. 3: the F22 went kapoot after a fuel regulator fail (ran lean) lost cr. These engines dont grow on tree’s 4: a V8! will do 1! And 2! Tons of Ls options, nuff said! In hindsight I gained a bunch of experience/knowledge and was boosted for around 25-30k.

Engine: Gm performance crate 376/430. It was cheaper though then most of the crates because it did not come with Ex. Manifolds or accessories. Which is cool with me cause I need a “certain” pair or the IM headers and Ill be swapping just the fbody alternator on. (These are my plans. No power steering, no ac <<att) deffly dont need the PS unit because EPS (is my thoughts)

Transmission: Camaro t56 (i believe its a 01 or 02 it said) advertised with super low miles!

Harness: tweakd performance (dual ecu) ls3 options with 58xx dbw.

Pedal/throttle: which ever one works (havent hashed all the research yet) tweak has a ls3 with a 6pin iirc. Finding a compatible one wont be hard I’m sure. Finding one that works best as a swap candidate is my thinking will be. hoping I could just figure out a way to retrofit the stock pedal assembly with the gm “sensor” box what ever it is. Idk thats another piece to the puzzle.

Swap kit: Import muscle vss kit. (Medium shirt...lol)

Differential/Driveshaft: so Im thinking go ap2 driveshaft. Run the stocker to break her in and troubleshoot gremlins etc. then to not have to go upside down on Another driveshaft get a built Ap2 puddymod diff. With a lower FD. Unless I get buyer lined up, what ever. Is what it is. Ill work that out later on.

Im gonna find a local welder to do the mounts

Im gonna finish re painting and clearing the bay.

Trying to keep everything in the bay. Most I want to do is redo the BMC and ABS module with braided stainless steel lines ... hint hint wink wink!! Lol or if anyone has a lead on something like that, that just replaces the stock located components with braided lines. (Inputs)

Ill probably think of more. Im on my phone and its late in Europe. Ill be excited to see some of the veterans opinions or tweaks to this vision, apprecoate it. All I have right now is the crate engine and t56.

(Uploading pics)

Knew I forgot something. It came with auto flywheel according to a friend. So fly and clutch kit will be needed at some point to. I already have a wally 450 in, so that should be good with a fitted regulator described in the faqs.

Pics ten character long.

Quick question... do the IM motor plate mounts all get welded in the same spot, no matter what? Just wondering cause I could get the swap kit and the mounts welded on before I get back. Im sure its detailed in the IM book and they could square that away. What yall think?

Update:
    Clutch bleeder line
    Clutch line
    Corvette regulator/filter
    Couple other AN female/male adapters etc
    Tick clutch/flywheel
    Release/throwout bearing
    Tweak’d performance wiring harness
    Psi conversions E38 PCM
    Pedal
    Maf ls3/cartridge
    ICT Billet power steering delete pulley setup
    Imtehks: motor and trans mount/summit ls mini starter/steerng rack re location/clutch master/clutch firewall adapter/fbody alternator bracket/extended steering shaft/IM Book/
    Hooker block hugger 2.5”

+ Reply to Thread