+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting Hardware ** Updated**

Hybrid View

Mounting Hardware ** Updated**

For those of you that have asked me to reproduce my mounting parts.

The two inch slots on the motor plate allow for the engine to be mounted far enough back to leave the steering rack in its stock location with the use of the ls4 harmonic balancer. You could also move the engine forward 2 inches.

A hammer will be needed on the trans tunnel and the passenger sides area behind the head.

It may be possible to leave the cross member if you use a remote electric water pump.

The engine mounts will not come with the energy suspension mount. This part can be purchased at most parts stores. Part # 3-1108

The mounts are built from 3/8 and plate steel.

The trans mount bracket also uses energy suspension Part # 3-1108

The trans mount will be a little different in the near future (CNC)

An alternator bracket will be available soon that will work with the ls4 belt location.

In exchange for me offering these parts at cost your feedback will be required.

Any feedback will be used to alter the mounts to create an ideal setup.

The price for the engine brackets is $125 +shipping.

The price for the trans bracket is $100 + shipping.

I plan to run single exhaust out the passenger rear so that works out almost perfect for me. I planned in my head to make a Y-pipe after the trans mount to keep from having such tight bends but its not a real issue with the single side deal.

Looks to be plenty of room on the passenger side in that picture for 3" exhaust or even two 2.5" pipes for someone that would want to run dual exhaust. How much room is there to actually merge the pipes into one before the trans mount?

It can be done, I would recommend you use an oval pipe to go from the drivers side to the passenger side. This is how the camaros are done and it offers a little more ground clearance.

The mounts seem to be working good so far. They have been bolted in and are supporting the motor and trans. The one thing I like but hate at the same time is the adjustability of the motor mounts. They can be adjusted left to right in 3 spots, and up/down in 1 spot. It makes for a very tricky install with just one person. Everything goes together as it should though. I would suggest widening the trans tunnel at the OEM trans mount structure or possibly removing this complely. The trans tunnel also needs to be beaten in near the gas pedal to clear the bell housing and clutch lines.

Thanks for the update. Is the gas pedal movement affected? Can you post a pic of the trans mount you are refering to? Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas.creation View Post
    Thanks for the update. Is the gas pedal movement affected? Can you post a pic of the trans mount you are refering to? Looking good!
    I havent gotten a chance to get the motor as far back as I want yet. Im not sure if gas pedal movement will be affected or not. The trans mount issue I was talking about is the OEM reinforcement where the stock trans mount bolts to.

The S2K is currently on the back burner, turbo install on LS1 FD and LS1 swap into S14 are main priority right now.

engine location

Thanks for that measurment.

Ill check mine and post it up next time im around my car. My shifter lined up perfectly in the center with no cutting required. I used a B&M shifter.

+ Reply to Thread